Going green is an effective way to increase your home’s equity. Look for cost-effective ways to improve your home’s energy usage. While improving your home’s energy usage will increase your home’s value and your equity, it can also save you money long-term through lower utility bills as well as through energy-related rebates from the government for certain updates.
Here are a few budget-friendly ways to make your home greener:
- Skip pre-rinsing dishes
- Replace your air filters often
- Properly insulate your home and seal doors and windows
Here are a few items that are more costly, but can lead to big savings down the road:
- Install dual-paned windows
- Upgrade to a programmable thermostat
- Install low-flow toilets and shower heads
- Install ceiling fans
- Purchase ENERGY STAR® appliances
- Install solar panels
Equity Prime Mortgage is committed to walking you through the home-buying process. Please contact us at 609-597-0007 or email@example.com to further discuss how owning a home may be more beneficial for you.